Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Start working on your Site - Get Traffic Today


I am sooo sick of the same questions here :

A) How do I get traffic.
B) No one visits my site.
C) How do I get links.
D) What's the easiest way to make money.

and these are just a handful of the persistent questions, and the answer is - if you are asking these questions then you are either new or simply have no idea and are doomed to failure already ....

Just look at the popular eBooks and threads here "Make easy money" "make $500 a day" etc. These are titled to sell and the majority suck balls and are re-written 100s of times on DP and resold over and over again - yet they always sell ....

There is no easy way to make money, there's is no easy way to get traffic, there is no easy way to get quality links .... are you following me ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK now let me begin :

A) Select a theme or topic of your site.

Now some people fail straight away here, they either jump on a said high click value niche like "Forex" or start a blog / site about uncle bobs ant farm .... or they grab a niche and go from there - not always a mistake.

My advice is start off being very general, screw the niche preaches, a blog can have categories and tags, these can be your niches, my favorite niche is "Popular News" - yes popular news ....

B) Do a little research, I don't mean find out what pays the highest per click, find out what is popular right now - yes right now and not 3 years ago. There are several web sites that you are visiting all the time that have "Hot Topics" .... personally I use Google/Trends - http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends - more on that later.

C) Now time to get content, browse trends and find out what others are writing, re-word the content, re-write the content, write your own content - the key here is to create as much and many posts / pages that you can and churn out a lot of content daily.

D) OK promote the content, again this is where many web masters go wrong, it makes me sick when people encourage others to spam and build links - you really don't need to. Just a Digg, a Stumble, a Flurl will do just fine ....

Wordpress is best :

E) OK I mentioned Google/Trends this is a excellent source for topics, grab some search terms and start writing about it - that simple, I use wordpress - so in each post I tag the post with associated search terms that are listed in Google trends.

F) Call the post exactly the same as Google/Trends search term, move the keywords / tags in the template file to the top of each post - excellent move for Google SEO - as these tags are always used in Google search engine .... generally the first line of text in your post is used and this is the tags and they are directly related to the post.

G) Now as traffic starts to come in, make sure that you measure it and can track what people are searching for - what searches you are doing well in Google for and then expand on those search terms - create more posts and use the same tags as the original .... I may have Google Rocks my Site as the post and people are searching for Google Rocks my Blog - so I will create a new post called Google Rocks my Blog.

I could keep on going but I wont ....

Remember these tips though:

Stop spending so much time on other sites promoting your own, start spending more time on your site creating content.

95% of your time should be spent on your site and not 95% of your time on other sites promoting your site.

Related Posts by Categories



ads space

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved